It’s been a while since I’ve started this blog. I feel I should give an update, even if I am really updating no one. So much has happened this week and honestly, things are starting to get overwhelming.
- My kid started kindergarten. This is both exciting and stressful. Now I worry about getting everything done, being a good and supportive parent, getting him to and from school, worrying about how he is doing, etc.
- I have a CT scan scheduled next Tuesday to examine my abdominal area. I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst over a month ago, as a result of some abdominal and back pain, and digestive upset/issues. The cyst has not gone away and the pain is still giving me trouble, so they want to take a closer look. If this comes up good, I’ll be going to a gastroenterologist. If not…well…I guess we will see what happens next.
- I’ve been given a referral to a psychiatrist. It really happened. I did not think it would. I may still not get into the office for another three months because he is so busy, so there’s still time to change my mind.
- Since having my Lexapro dosage doubled, I have had an insane amount of hot flashes! Wow! Apparently this stuff makes pre-menopausal woman have hot flashes, but decreases hot flashes in menopausal and post-menopausal women. Just fantastic.
- Husband’s car has blew the transmission, so we are currently sharing one. This involves me getting up to take him to work at 7:00, coming home, then taking the kid to school at 7:45, picking up the kid at 2:30, then picking up my hubby at 3:00-4:00, or whenever he calls me. It is not far from home to work and the school, luckily. I feel so overwhelmed with all of this, though. I’m staying busy!
- Also, hubby has his own health issues including: high blood pressure, appointments with a cardiologist, and an appointment with a surgeon for an upcoming surgery. Lots of doctor’s visits for both of us!
- I am in the middle of job searching. I currently have a part-time job, but minimum wage 20 hours per week is not enough. I have an associate’s degree and am currently looking for a full-time position. I just had an interview yesterday that seemed to go very well. I’m really praying for this one!
- I have been having issues with insomnia as well. Even after starting to take melatonin supplements before bed, I still find myself having difficulty falling asleep. The anxiety has been keeping me tossing and turning.
Honestly, I feel like I could keep going, but for right now I am going to stop. I am still trying to get the hang of this whole blog thing. I think, to me, this is more of a journal. I really think I needed this.
Please pray that the stress and feelings of being so overwhelmed go away. Prayers for my job search would be greatly appreciated as well.